Thursday, May 6, 2010

You're Not Listening!


This was an adamant quote that Eve said to me last night. Apparently one of her blonde BFFs, Amelia, had her hair in some braid configuration yesterday. So, after Eve's bath last night, she asked me to "do her hair like Amelia's." She now has named her hairstyles based on her friends at school. Putting her hair in a ponytail is called the "Annalise." Pulling her hair half up & leaving the rest down is dubbed the "Alyssa." And now (i just found out) that putting your hair in one braid at the nape of your neck is called the "Amelia" (side note, most of her friends are blonde & their names start with "A" in her school).

When Eve asked me to do her hair like Amelia she said you put it in braids "like this" then mentioned to the sides of her head. So, i figured she wanted me to braid each side then meet in the middle into a ponytail since she mentioned that the braid goes into a ponytail. After I painstakingly did this (and thought it looked awesome by the way), she looked in the mirror, made an angry faced turned to me & yelled, "you're not listening! i said put my hair in a braid & ponytail!"
So, i took the ponytail holder out then proceeded to do a single braid at the nape of her neck. Feeling accomplished, I said "go look now..you totally look like Amelia." She went to the mirror turned around again & yelled "you're not listening again! I said a ponytail & a braid!". She angrily pulled the ponytail holder out & went into her room.

The wrath of eve...

Funny thing happened today. Rob sent me a picture with the title, "ms. rebecca fixed my hair." I opened the image & knew exactly what it was. Ms. Rebecca was able to unravel Eve's hairstyling directions & create a braid at the nape of her neck! I laughed out loud because I knew exactly what the picture meant..the even funnier thing was it looked just like what i did last night (except this one started a little higher on her head). i guess mother doesn't know best..ms.rebecca does!

2 comments:

  1. oh how i miss eve! i wonder if heidi could have gotten it right!? glad you mentioned all of eve's friends name's starting with "A's" because I was going to say it if not...must be a southern thing, heh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know it..this is what you have to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete