Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It Runs in the Family



Everyone knows that I am a picky eater (i like to say "discriminating"). The apple doesn't fall far from the tree since Eve is also a picky eater. However from what I am told from my Mom, she is far worse then i was at her age. There are 3 options for dinner: mac & cheese, grilled cheese & plain pasta noodles. That's it. It makes it easy for me since I don't cook but I always squirm in my seat when the pediatician asks me what she eats.

Because I totally understand where Eve is coming from, I don't force the issue with her with eating new things. In time, hopefully she will try new things as she sees her friends (and Lila) eating other things. My only worry is that Lila will pick up on Eve's bad habits. Lila eats just about anything we put in front of her--she loves fruit, tater tots, chicken, peas, grilled cheese, etc--you name it, she tries it. We need to enjoy this while we can!

2 comments: