Sunday, May 9, 2010

Going Wild on Mother's Day





No, it's not what you think. For Mother's day this year, the Parlaman clan headed to Zoo Atlanta. We went to the zoo with my friend Melissa & her family so Eve had a friend to run around with & Lila had a fellow stroller pal. For the most part, everyone had their "listening ears" on (even Daddy).

Eve's favorite part of the day was seeing the giraffes (both her & Lila had their giraffe dresses on). Eve also saw chimpanzes, elephants, meerkats, gorillas, kangaroos, and cotton candy (i asked her to list what she saw today & that was her response as she eats cotton candy at 7:30 pm). The pandas were also really cute (take a look at the pic of Eve standing next to one--it almost looks like she is in the cage with him). We went on the train ride & then the carousel. And to finish off the day, we headed to the gift shop where each girl picked out a toy--both picked a giraffe.

What would Mother's Day be without a trip to Olive Garden (thanks to Mom & Dad for the gift certificate!). Looks like everyone & their mother (literally) was at Olive Garden but luckily we got there early. Eve claimed she didn't want to eat & Lila whined since she wanted to nap & couldn't in the loud restaurant. So we quickly housed our food as the kids melted down then headed out to buy a new dishwasher since ours smells like puke (appetizing, huh?).

Mother's Day wasn't too relaxing but it was nice to spend some QT with the lil ladies & Rob. A very special Mother's Day shout out to my MOM & to all the other moms out there!

1 comment:

  1. I did have my "listening ears" on today. I'm just glad I listened before to you and remembered to request the day off from work. In the past I have requested the day off, but it was a numbers game and I was the odd "man" out. I want to give a special shout out to my boss who really understands family and the importance of work life balance. I truly enjoyed the day with my girls and have many happy thoughts and stories to share tomorrow when everyone wants to know how Mother's Day was for Eve and Lila. Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful wife and also to my Mom and my Mother in law. Without you both, I would not have these special moments to cherish!

    ReplyDelete