Friday, April 30, 2010

Daddy can "fix anything"



When my wife Melissa told me she added me as an author to her blog, I started to sweat and I wondered what I could possibly provide as interesting topics that other people would want to read and discuss. The first thing that came to my mind is "Daddy can fix anything". If I could actually fix anything, then I should be able to figure out how to do this right? Well for the most part yes and the rest I will need to learn as I go. Actually, that's how I know how to fix "anything", as Eve always says when something breaks or needs batteries. I'm proud to hold this position in my family because I feel a real connection to them as a result of me trying to fix things. From, a Leapster that is not set to the proper brightness setting, to a brand new DVD/LCD TV combo that Eve decided to insert a toy jewel into the DVD slot the first day we set it up for her. I fear though the day Eve, Lila or Melissa comes to me and I cannot actually fix it. I do not ever want to disappoint them and truly know the trust they hold in me may wind up in failure. But that will never stop me from always "trying" to fix anything and I can "self teach" myself how to do almost anything as long as I try. The proof is in the fact I did not know how to be first a Husband to Melissa, next a Father to Eve and eventually a Father for the second time when Lila was born. I just want them to know, if they ever need Daddy for anything, I'm there for them for anything and everything because they are my everything and anything!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, daddies can fix anything. I think our little girls are confident of that fact. :)

    That top photo is really neat!

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    Thank you so much. Both Eve and Lila loved to do the "balancing act". Now that Eve is 4 years old, it's a bit trickier to pull it off. Everytime I balance Lila on my hand, Eve screams "my turn, my turn"! Thank you for posting a comment and I look forward to posting more updates about my family from "Daddy's" point of view. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete