Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sisterly Love




When I first found out I was pregnant, I asked Eve if she wanted a baby brother or baby sister. She said, on video, a baby sister named Ruby. Then she changed her mind & wanted a baby brother. So, when the ultrasound tech announced that we were having a girl, Eve yelled out, "no, i am having a baby brother." Eve is literally tickled pink on being a big sister to Lila. Eve said today that she loved babies & loved her baby sister. I asked her if she wanted to have another one. Eve replied, "no just one, my baby sister. And I love her." Lila loves her big sister & gets so excited to hang out with her. Eve makes a list of everything she wants to do with Lila when she gets older: dress up with her, go to the beach, have a tea party, and a sleepover. They are going to have so much fun when they are older: making tapes of Cabbage Patch dolls singing, putting on plays with their dolls, playing store (wait, that was me & Vicky!). Anywho..Eve & Lila have a lot of memories to make with each other & many years to drive me nuts with their fighting.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! There is definitely something special about having a sister (I have 4!). :)

    P.S. Where did you get their cute red & white matching outfits?

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 4 sisters!!! I can't imagine! At least you were able to share a lot of clothes..
    I got the outfits at Crazy 8 (it is brand of Gymboree). Their high end brand is Janie & Jack & their lower end is Crazy 8 (similar organization like Banana Republis, Gap & Old Navy).
    I am kinda obsessed with matching clothes for the girls--are you like with your girls?

    ReplyDelete